- 1 What was the hottest day in Colorado Springs?
- 2 Is Colorado Springs humid or dry?
- 3 What is the least humid state?
- 4 What is the coldest day in Colorado Springs history?
- 5 What is the altitude of Colorado Springs?
- 6 What is a high barometric pressure?
- 7 Is Colorado Springs a dry town?
- 8 How bad are the winters in Colorado Springs?
- 9 What is the rainiest month in Colorado?
What was the hottest day in Colorado Springs?
Temperatures reached 100 degrees in Colorado Springs Wednesday, marking the hottest day in the city since June 2018. KKTV meteorologist Christina Sanjuan tweeted that Wednesday marked the 10th time the city has reached 100 degrees in recorded history. The previous June 16 record was 93, set last year.
Is Colorado Springs humid or dry?
Humidity and Wind Colorado Springs has some comfortably humid months, and slightly dry months in the opposite season. The least humid month is June (30.4% relative humidity), and the most humid month is February (48.2%). Wind in Colorado Springs is usually moderate.
What is the least humid state?
The states with the lowest relative humidity are:
- Nevada – 38.3%
- Arizona – 38.5%
- New Mexico – 45.9%
- Utah – 51.7%
- Colorado – 54.1%
- Wyoming – 57.1%
- Montana – 60.4%
- California – 61.0%
What is the coldest day in Colorado Springs history?
Coldest day — The coldest day on record for Colorado Springs was Feb. 1, 1951.
What is the altitude of Colorado Springs?
Top 9 High Altitude Tips Stay below 7,000 feet the first day (the city of Colorado Springs is 6,035 feet above sea level.) Give your body time to adjust (there’s lots to see and do at lower altitudes.)
What is a high barometric pressure?
A barometer reading of 30 inches (Hg) is considered normal. Strong high pressure could register as high as 30.70 inches, whereas low pressure associated with a hurricane can dip below 27.30 inches (Hurricane Andrew had a measured surface pressure of 27.23 just before its landfall in Miami Dade County).
Is Colorado Springs a dry town?
Residents of Colorado City, now known as Old Colorado City on the west side, ultimately voted to go dry in 1914, and three years later to become part of Colorado Springs.
How bad are the winters in Colorado Springs?
In Colorado Springs, the summers are warm, the winters are very cold and dry, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 20°F to 84°F and is rarely below 4°F or above 92°F.
What is the rainiest month in Colorado?
Average monthly snow and rainfall in Denver (Colorado) in inches
- Denver has dry periods in January, February, March, September, October, November and December.
- On average, May is the wettest month with 2.17 inch (55.0 mm) of precipitation.