- 1 Does Colorado Springs have a high crime rate?
- 2 Is it dangerous to live in Colorado Springs?
- 3 What is the most dangerous part of Colorado Springs?
- 4 Is Colorado Springs a bad area?
- 5 What is the most dangerous city in Colorado?
- 6 What’s the safest city in Colorado?
- 7 How many murders have there been in Colorado Springs 2020?
- 8 Is Denver or Colorado Springs better?
- 9 Is Colorado Springs safe at night?
- 10 Is Colorado Springs a nice place to live?
- 11 How dangerous is the drive up Pikes Peak?
- 12 What is the racial makeup of Colorado Springs?
- 13 What is the most dangerous state in the United States?
- 14 What are the bad parts of Colorado?
Does Colorado Springs have a high crime rate?
With a crime rate of 43 per one thousand residents, Colorado Springs has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. Within Colorado, more than 91% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Colorado Springs.
Is it dangerous to live in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs residents have a 1 in 187 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime. With a population of around 460,000, the city has a higher-than-average crime rate compared to the rest of the country.
What is the most dangerous part of Colorado Springs?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Colorado Springs, CO
- Southwest Colorado Springs. Population 9,399.
- Old Colorado City. Population 2,130.
- West Colorado Springs. Population 13,407.
- Southeast Colorado Springs. Population 50,481.
- East Colorado Springs. Population 49,900.
- Powers. Population 152,311.
- Northeast Colorado Springs.
Is Colorado Springs a bad area?
Colorado Springs This city, the 39th most populated city in the US, has 478,221 people living in it. In 2017, the total violent crime went up by 17.4% to 3,117 in 2018. Aggravated assault took up 1,633 of that figure and sexual assault 916, a 37.7% increase from 2017.
What is the most dangerous city in Colorado?
Sheridan, CO. Sheridan ranked as the most dangerous city in Colorado, with a violent crime rate of 4.5 and a property crime rate of 72.2.
What’s the safest city in Colorado?
SafeWise, a website that analyzes safety trends, has released a report that lists which cities are the safest in Colorado. The top five cities that have been ranked the safest include Frederick, Milliken, Severance, Lamar and Firestone. Denver ranked 56th, with Forth Collins at 25th and Boulder at 32nd.
How many murders have there been in Colorado Springs 2020?
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado — There have been 34 homicides in the City of Colorado Springs in 2020, and a suspicious death investigation from Wednesday morning is likely to bring the total to 35. By way of comparison, the 38 homicides in 2018 tied a record high total.
Is Denver or Colorado Springs better?
U.S. News and World Report ranked Colorado Springs as the second-best place to live in 2018, and the most desirable city in the country. Meanwhile, Denver was ranked as the third-best place to live and barely squeaked into the top ten for desirability.
Is Colorado Springs safe at night?
The city is safe, but keep in mind that Colorado has one of the highest death rates from car accidents in the United States. In Colorado Springs, common sense is enough. Do not walk late at night alone, especially in unsafe areas.
Is Colorado Springs a nice place to live?
The city also frequently ranks on lists of cities with the cleanest air, and residents of Colorado Springs can attest to that. Colorado Springs is a well-rounded, happy, and healthy city. With mild weather, affordable housing, and a great quality of life, what’s not to love?
How dangerous is the drive up Pikes Peak?
The drive to the summit is safe. The paved 19-mile highway is driven by thousands each year. There are amazing views and pull outs along the way to the summit so guests can take their time as they make the ascent to the summit. Car collectors bring their Model T’s to Pikes Peak each year.
What is the racial makeup of Colorado Springs?
Race & Ethnicity The largest Colorado Springs racial/ethnic groups are White (68.6%) followed by Hispanic (17.6%) and Black (6.1%).
What is the most dangerous state in the United States?
1. Mississippi. Mississippi’s total score is 32.00, making it the most dangerous state in the United States. Mississippi ranks 50th out of 50 for Road Safety and Emergency Preparedness and 48th for Financial Safety and Workplace Safety.
What are the bad parts of Colorado?
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Colorado
- Trinidad, Colorado. Out There kicks off our list of the 20 worst places to live in Colorado with their interpretation of the top five cities.
- Delta, Colorado.
- Federal Heights, Colorado.
- Alamosa, Colorado.
- Lochbuie, Colorado.
- Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Rifle, Colorado.
- Pueblo, Colorado.