- 1 What the locals do in Colorado Springs?
- 2 Does Colorado Springs have a nightlife?
- 3 Should I go to Denver or Colorado Springs?
- 4 Is Colorado Springs worth visiting?
- 5 What is Colorado Springs known for?
- 6 Can you drive through Garden of the Gods?
- 7 What city is closest to Colorado Springs?
- 8 Is Colorado Springs a party town?
- 9 What is there to do in Colorado Springs after 5pm?
- 10 What is the oldest bar in Colorado Springs?
- 11 Where is better to live Denver or Colorado Springs?
- 12 Is it cheaper to live in Denver or Colorado Springs?
- 13 What are the bad parts of Colorado Springs?
What the locals do in Colorado Springs?
10 Lesser Known Yet Awesome Things to do In Colorado Springs
- Rocky Mountain Food Tours. © Nikolay Tsuguliev | Dreamstime.com.
- Seven Bridges Trail.
- Starr Kempf’s Metal Sculptures.
- Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site.
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC.
- Miramont Castle.
- World Figure Skating Museum and Hall of Fame.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride.
Does Colorado Springs have a nightlife?
Bars and Nightlife. Downtown Colorado Springs nightlife is filled with unique personality and fantastic charm. Throughout the region, you’ll also find a fine selection of wineries, cideries and distilleries that are serious about the craft of locally made beverages.
Should I go to Denver or Colorado Springs?
If you want things to do in the city like museums and restaurants Denver wins. If your more into the outdoors and seeing natural wonders Colorado Springs will win just depends on what you are interested in. Much depends on what you are looking for. A more urban look, or something more rural, nature, tranquility.
Is Colorado Springs worth visiting?
So, is Colorado Springs worth visiting? Without a doubt, YES! The Colorado Springs area is a fantastic place to visit, whether on a family vacation, a romantic weekend getaway, or even a solo hiking adventure. So, if you’re searching for fresh air and pure natural beauty, it’s hard to top Colorado Springs.
What is Colorado Springs known for?
With the city located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, and its many trails and parks, Colorado Springs is a popular destination for tourists seeking scenery, rock formations and other unique geological features, like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods Park, The Broadmoor Seven Falls, and Cave Of The Winds Mountain Park.
Can you drive through Garden of the Gods?
Yes, you can drive through the Garden of the Gods and there are several parking areas. There is no charge to visit the Garden. It is a great place to visit!
What city is closest to Colorado Springs?
Major cities near Colorado Springs, CO
- 62 miles to Aurora, CO.
- 63 miles to Denver, CO.
- 277 miles to Albuquerque, NM.
- 397 miles to Lubbock, TX.
- 411 miles to Wichita, KS.
- 457 miles to Oklahoma City, OK.
- 458 miles to Lincoln, NE.
- 497 miles to El Paso, TX.
Is Colorado Springs a party town?
You May Be Surprised To Learn That This Town In Colorado Is One Of The World’s Craziest Party Towns. Named one of the “World’s Craziest Party Towns” by Travel + Leisure is that of Steamboat Springs; one of Colorado’s most popular destinations for skiing, hot springs, and epic sightseeing.
What is there to do in Colorado Springs after 5pm?
Here are some fun evening adventures around The Springs area, in no particular order, Colorado Springs night date ideas:
- Broadmoor – tranquil luxury and ragtime piano.
- Tejon Street bar crawl – wildcard night.
- Manitou Springs Penny Arcade – mountain town evening.
- Seven Falls – 181 feet of lit up waterfalls.
What is the oldest bar in Colorado Springs?
Buffalo Rose Saloon, Golden Originally established as the International Bowling Saloon in 1859, the Buffalo Rose is the longest surviving Colorado gold rush-era business.
Where is better to live Denver or Colorado Springs?
U.S. News and World Report ranked Colorado Springs as the second-best place to live in 2018, and the most desirable city in the country. Meanwhile, Denver was ranked as the third-best place to live and barely squeaked into the top ten for desirability.
Is it cheaper to live in Denver or Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs has a higher cost of living than the United States average, but it’s still more affordable compared to other parts of Colorado! In fact, Colorado Springs is very affordable compared to Denver, Colorado, which has a cost of living of nearly 1.5x the average American city!
What are the bad parts of Colorado Springs?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Colorado Springs, CO
- Southwest Colorado Springs. Population 9,399.
- Old Colorado City. Population 2,130.
- West Colorado Springs. Population 13,407.
- Southeast Colorado Springs. Population 50,481.
- East Colorado Springs. Population 49,900.
- Powers. Population 152,311.
- Northeast Colorado Springs.