- 1 What can you do in Colorado Springs for free?
- 2 What the locals do in Colorado Springs?
- 3 Is Colorado Springs worth visiting?
- 4 What is the best time of year to visit Colorado Springs?
- 5 Is Colorado Springs family friendly?
- 6 Is Garden of the Gods free?
- 7 What is Colorado known for food wise?
- 8 Can you drive up Pikes Peak?
- 9 What is Colorado Springs known for?
- 10 Can you drive through Garden of the Gods?
- 11 What city is closest to Colorado Springs?
- 12 Is it better to visit Denver or Colorado Springs?
- 13 Which is better Boulder or Colorado Springs?
- 14 Should I go to Denver or Colorado Springs?
What can you do in Colorado Springs for free?
Free Things to Do in Colorado Springs
- Hike Pikes Peak. Barr Trail (Pikes Peak)
- Free Museum. Peterson Air & Space Museum.
- Free Museum. Old Colorado City Historical Society.
- SELLER’S HOME WARRANTY.
- Free Museum.
- LISTING CONCIERGE.
- Uncle Wilber Fountain.
- Beautiful Hiking.
What the locals do in Colorado Springs?
10 Lesser Known Yet Awesome Things to do In Colorado Springs
- Rocky Mountain Food Tours. © Nikolay Tsuguliev | Dreamstime.com.
- Seven Bridges Trail.
- Starr Kempf’s Metal Sculptures.
- Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site.
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC.
- Miramont Castle.
- World Figure Skating Museum and Hall of Fame.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride.
Is Colorado Springs worth visiting?
So, is Colorado Springs worth visiting? Without a doubt, YES! The Colorado Springs area is a fantastic place to visit, whether on a family vacation, a romantic weekend getaway, or even a solo hiking adventure. So, if you’re searching for fresh air and pure natural beauty, it’s hard to top Colorado Springs.
What is the best time of year to visit Colorado Springs?
The best times to visit Colorado Springs are from March to May and from September to October. That’s when you’ll find slightly cooler (yet still comfortable) temperatures as well as fewer crowds and bargain rates. Another perk for fall visitors: the foliage.
Is Colorado Springs family friendly?
No matter the season, Colorado Springs for a family vacation is fun for kids and teens, with great places to eat — some of THE BEST burgers and brews — and wonderful places to stay.
Is Garden of the Gods free?
The Garden of the Gods Park is a registered National Natural Landmark in Colorado Springs. Both the Park and Visitor & Nature Center are FREE and open to the public.
What is Colorado known for food wise?
Here are some famous foods from Colorado, in no particular order:
- Rocky Mountain Oysters. Rocky Mountain Oysters.
- Colorado Style Pizza. Beau Jo’s Colorado Style Pizza.
- Lamb. Lamb entree.
- Trout. Trout entree.
- Palisade Peaches. Palisade Peaches.
- Bison. Bison entree.
- Olathe Sweet Corn.
- Colorado Style Green Chili (Chilli Verde)
Can you drive up Pikes Peak?
Drive the 19-mile paved toll road to the summit of Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain. Built in 1915, this winding road is the perfect scenic drive, offering views of lakes, mountains, wildlife and the surrounding area.
What is Colorado Springs known for?
With the city located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, and its many trails and parks, Colorado Springs is a popular destination for tourists seeking scenery, rock formations and other unique geological features, like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods Park, The Broadmoor Seven Falls, and Cave Of The Winds Mountain Park.
Can you drive through Garden of the Gods?
Yes, you can drive through the Garden of the Gods and there are several parking areas. There is no charge to visit the Garden. It is a great place to visit!
What city is closest to Colorado Springs?
Major cities near Colorado Springs, CO
- 62 miles to Aurora, CO.
- 63 miles to Denver, CO.
- 277 miles to Albuquerque, NM.
- 397 miles to Lubbock, TX.
- 411 miles to Wichita, KS.
- 457 miles to Oklahoma City, OK.
- 458 miles to Lincoln, NE.
- 497 miles to El Paso, TX.
Is it better to visit Denver or Colorado Springs?
U.S. News and World Report ranked Colorado Springs as the second-best place to live in 2018, and the most desirable city in the country. Meanwhile, Denver was ranked as the third-best place to live and barely squeaked into the top ten for desirability.
Which is better Boulder or Colorado Springs?
If you are into the outdoors, food and drink Boulder is the better pick. The University adds a young hip vibe. Colorado Springs is more family orientated, suburban with a conservative influence due to the military and Focus on the Family.
Should I go to Denver or Colorado Springs?
If you want things to do in the city like museums and restaurants Denver wins. If your more into the outdoors and seeing natural wonders Colorado Springs will win just depends on what you are interested in. Much depends on what you are looking for. A more urban look, or something more rural, nature, tranquility.