- 1 Does it rain alot in Colorado Springs?
- 2 What is the rainiest month in Colorado Springs?
- 3 How much rain has Colorado Springs had in 2020?
- 4 What is the coldest month in Colorado Springs?
- 5 Is Colorado Springs humid or dry?
- 6 What is the best month to visit Colorado?
- 7 Is it always windy in Colorado Springs?
- 8 Is Colorado Springs a safe place to live?
- 9 How much precipitation does Colorado Springs get in a year?
- 10 How much rain did Colorado Springs get in May 2021?
- 11 Who is the most famous person from Colorado?
- 12 Where is the Palmer Divide in Colorado?
Does it rain alot in Colorado Springs?
When it comes to precipitation, rainfall occurs quite often during the summer months, with August typically being the wettest month of the year. In June, the average rainfall is about 2.5”, while July is a little bit higher with an average of 2.8” of rainfall.
What is the rainiest month in Colorado Springs?
Average monthly snow and rainfall in Colorado Springs (Colorado) in inches
- Colorado Springs has dry periods in January, February, March, September, October, November and December.
- On average, May is the wettest month with 2.17 inch (55.0 mm) of precipitation.
How much rain has Colorado Springs had in 2020?
Colorado Springs recorded 9.89 inches of precipitation through out 2020. This is 6.65 inches below normal and makes 2020 the 14th driest year on record in Colorado Springs.
What is the coldest month in Colorado Springs?
The cold season lasts for 3.5 months, from November 20 to March 4, with an average daily high temperature below 51°F. The coldest day of the year is December 30, with an average low of 20°F and high of 43°F.
Is Colorado Springs humid or dry?
Humidity and Wind Colorado Springs has some comfortably humid months, and slightly dry months in the opposite season. The least humid month is June (30.4% relative humidity), and the most humid month is February (48.2%). Wind in Colorado Springs is usually moderate.
What is the best month to visit Colorado?
If you’re after air that is warm by day, but crisp and cool by night, your best weather months in Colorado are mid-June through September, though know that early June and even late-September can still be potentially dicey in some higher elevations.
Is it always windy in Colorado Springs?
If we wanted to have an identity for our weather that is accurate to Colorado Springs, we should look at wind. Our least windy month is November, where 86 percent of days have wind speeds over 10 mph. July and August both have an average of 28 days with wind over 10 mph.
Is Colorado Springs a safe place to live?
With a crime rate of 43 per one thousand residents, Colorado Springs has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23.
How much precipitation does Colorado Springs get in a year?
Colorado Springs, Colorado gets 18 inches of rain, on average, per year.
How much rain did Colorado Springs get in May 2021?
May brought abundant precipitation to much of south central and southeast Colorado, with some areas across southeastern Colorado recording over 6 inches of precipitation through out the month of May.
Who is the most famous person from Colorado?
1. Tim Allen. Tim Allen is arguably one of the most famous people from Colorado. The Denver-born actor is best-known for playing Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor on Home Improvement in the 1990s and Santa in The Santa Clause movies, as well as voicing Buzz Lightyear in the Toy Story franchise.
Where is the Palmer Divide in Colorado?
Palmer Divide – an area of elevated land between Denver and Colorado Springs that stretches across Douglas and Elbert Counties. It extends as far east as Limon and parts of Lincoln County. Cities and towns on the Palmer Divide include Parker, Castle Rock, Elizabeth, Kiowa, Black Forest, and Monument.