- 1 How cold does it get in Colorado Springs?
- 2 What is the lowest temperature ever recorded in Colorado?
- 3 What was the temperature in Colorado Springs today?
- 4 What is the rainiest month in Colorado?
- 5 Does it snow more in Denver or Colorado Springs?
- 6 Is Colorado Springs humid or dry?
- 7 What is the altitude of Colorado Springs?
- 8 Is Colorado Springs a safe place to live?
- 9 Is Colorado Springs a good place to live?
- 10 What is the best time to visit Colorado Springs?
How cold does it get in Colorado Springs?
In Colorado Springs, the summers are warm, the winters are very cold and dry, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 20°F to 84°F and is rarely below 4°F or above 92°F.
What is the lowest temperature ever recorded in Colorado?
The coldest temperature ever measured in Colorado before that icy day in 1985, was -60 degrees, which coincidentally happened exactly 34 years prior on Feb. 1, 1951. That reading was taken at Taylor Park Reservoir in the Gunnison valley.
What was the temperature in Colorado Springs today?
High around 90F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Partly cloudy.
What is the rainiest month in Colorado?
Average monthly snow and rainfall in Denver (Colorado) in inches
- Denver has dry periods in January, February, March, September, October, November and December.
- On average, May is the wettest month with 2.17 inch (55.0 mm) of precipitation.
Does it snow more in Denver or Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs averages 57.3 inches of snow per year. Denver averages 60.2 inches of snow per year.
Is Colorado Springs humid or dry?
Humidity and Wind Colorado Springs has some comfortably humid months, and slightly dry months in the opposite season. The least humid month is June (30.4% relative humidity), and the most humid month is February (48.2%). Wind in Colorado Springs is usually moderate.
What is the altitude of Colorado Springs?
Top 9 High Altitude Tips Stay below 7,000 feet the first day (the city of Colorado Springs is 6,035 feet above sea level.) Give your body time to adjust (there’s lots to see and do at lower altitudes.)
Is Colorado Springs a safe place to live?
With a crime rate of 43 per one thousand residents, Colorado Springs has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23.
Is Colorado Springs a good place to live?
The city also frequently ranks on lists of cities with the cleanest air, and residents of Colorado Springs can attest to that. Colorado Springs is a well-rounded, happy, and healthy city. With mild weather, affordable housing, and a great quality of life, what’s not to love?
What is the best time to visit Colorado Springs?
The best times to visit Colorado Springs are from March to May and from September to October. That’s when you’ll find slightly cooler (yet still comfortable) temperatures as well as fewer crowds and bargain rates. Another perk for fall visitors: the foliage.