- 1 Is Pagosa Springs worth visiting?
- 2 What is there to do in downtown Pagosa Springs?
- 3 What is there to do in Pagosa Springs Colorado in the winter?
- 4 What should I bring to Pagosa Springs Colorado?
- 5 Are there free hot springs in Pagosa Springs?
- 6 Which is better Telluride or Ouray?
- 7 Where do you fly into for Pagosa Springs Colorado?
- 8 What’s it like to live in Pagosa Springs CO?
- 9 How much snow does Pagosa Springs get?
- 10 What are winters like in Pagosa Springs Colorado?
- 11 Is there snow in Pagosa Springs in December?
- 12 What should I pack for Colorado in April?
- 13 How do I prepare to go to Colorado?
- 14 What should I wear in Durango CO?
Is Pagosa Springs worth visiting?
Located in the Sunbelt of southern Colorado, the town of Pagosa Springs is easily one of the most charming towns we’ve visited. Outdoor lovers will find hiking, skiing and ancient cultural ruins. Those who prefer to relax can enjoy soaking in the namesake hot springs, shopping and dining.
What is there to do in downtown Pagosa Springs?
25 Best Things to Do in Pagosa Springs, Colorado
- Chimney Rock National Monument.
- Fred Harman Art Museum, Pagosa Springs, Colorado.
- Rocky Mountain Wildlife Park.
- San Juan Historical Museum, Pagosa Springs, Colorado.
- High Country Lodge Tubing Park.
- Higher Grounds Coffee, Pagosa Springs, Colorado.
- Overlook Hot Springs Spa.
What is there to do in Pagosa Springs Colorado in the winter?
Our most popular winter activities include:
- Cross Country Skiing.
- Dog Sledding.
- Fat Biking.
- Ice Skating.
- Skiing and Snowboarding.
- Sledding and Tubing.
- Sleigh Rides.
What should I bring to Pagosa Springs Colorado?
When packing for a trip to Pagosa Springs think layers. I recommend packing the following:
- Packable Jacket.
- Fleece jacket or hoodie.
- Hiking shoes.
- Collapsible water bottle and/or cup.
- Flip flops (for mineral pools)
- Packable backpack for hiking.
Are there free hot springs in Pagosa Springs?
Piedra River Hot Springs Naturally fed along the Piedra River, south of Pagosa Springs, these primitive hot springs are accessible via a 1.5-mile (round trip) hike near Pagosa Springs. There are three different pools to soak in, all dependent on current weather conditions.
Which is better Telluride or Ouray?
Telluride is far more active, especially so in winter due its renowned ski area. The clientele is different, more upscale, and all is more expensive. It is also a fairly liberal place, with this quite isolated town feeling it is a kingdom unto itself in some respects. Ouray (7,792 feet) is more intimate.
Where do you fly into for Pagosa Springs Colorado?
The nearest airport to Pagosa Springs is Durango (DRO) Airport which is 41.7 miles away. Other nearby airports include Montrose (MTJ) (98.8 miles).
What’s it like to live in Pagosa Springs CO?
Living in Pagosa Springs offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents rent their homes. Many families and young professionals live in Pagosa Springs and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Pagosa Springs are above average.
How much snow does Pagosa Springs get?
Pagosa Springs, Colorado, Weather at a Glance 20.64 inches of precipitation annually in the warm months. 67.4 inches of snow annually in downtown Pagosa Springs.
What are winters like in Pagosa Springs Colorado?
Powdery snow, clear sunny days and crisp cold nights are a trademark of winters in Pagosa Springs. Our local ski resort, Wolf Creek Ski Area, regularly receives over 450 inches of natural snowfall, more snow that any other resort in the state. In downtown Pagosa, however, average snowfall is only 62 inches.
Is there snow in Pagosa Springs in December?
The average sliding 31-day liquid-equivalent snowfall during December in Pagosa Springs is essentially constant, remaining about 0.4 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 1.3 inches or falling to 0.0 inches.
What should I pack for Colorado in April?
As we say here, April showers bring May snowstorms.
- Long pants.
- Wet weather gear, like rain coats and boots.
- Coat. Yes, both a coat and jacket because it can change from morning to afternoon or day to day.
How do I prepare to go to Colorado?
6 High-Altitude Tips for a Great Colorado Springs Vacation
- Tip # 1: Drink Lots of Water.
- Tip #2: Monitor the Booze-Intake.
- Tip #3: Be Lazy at First.
- Tip #4: Watch What You Eat.
- Tip #5: Pack for the Beach.
- Tip #6: Your Pets Need High-Altitude Love, Too.
What should I wear in Durango CO?
If you go to Durango in October, you will notice that it is cool. What to wear/what to pack:
- Jacket or coat.
- Light gloves or mittens.
- Warm pants or jeans.
- If you plan to ski, ski equipment.
- Standard footwear.