- 1 Is there snow in Colorado Springs in December?
- 2 Is December a good time to go to Colorado?
- 3 What is there to do in Colorado Springs during Christmas?
- 4 What is there to do in Colorado in December 2020?
- 5 What is the snowiest month in Colorado Springs?
- 6 What is the coldest month in Colorado Springs?
- 7 What should I pack for Colorado in December?
- 8 Can you drive to Colorado in December?
- 9 How cold is it in Colorado in December?
- 10 What is there to do in Colorado at Christmas?
- 11 What is open on Christmas in Colorado Springs?
- 12 Is there a town called Christmas Colorado?
- 13 What is it like in Colorado in December?
- 14 Is Denver a good place to visit in December?
- 15 Is Denver fun in the winter?
Is there snow in Colorado Springs in December?
Starting in December, average temperatures in Colorado Springs range between 42.1 degrees at the warmest and 17.5 degrees at the coldest. December usually averages around 5.9” of snowfall, while January is a little lower at 5.4” of snowfall.
Is December a good time to go to Colorado?
When to travel to Colorado to avoid the crowds Typically speaking, April and May and then October through mid-December will be your least crowded months in Colorado, as visitors often aim for the warmth and accessibility of summer or the powdery snow of winter.
What is there to do in Colorado Springs during Christmas?
There’s always lots to do during the holiday season in Colorado Springs, and you can explore even more events and activities here!
- Festival of Lights Parade.
- Skate in the Park.
- Santa Express Train.
- Yule Tea To-Go at Glen Eyrie Castle.
- Victorian Christmas.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s Electric Safari.
What is there to do in Colorado in December 2020?
Best Things to Do in December in Denver
- Brunch With Father Christmas Four Mile Historic Park.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks Downtown.
- Denver Union Station New Year’s Eve.
- Denver Pavilions Holiday Carousel.
- Denver Downtown Rink at Skyline Park.
- Blossoms of Light Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Santa’s Village at Chatfield Farms.
What is the snowiest month in Colorado Springs?
Typically, March is the snowiest month of the year in Colorado Springs. On average, the city gets 8.1 inches of snow during the month, the weather service reports.
What is the coldest month in Colorado Springs?
The cold season lasts for 3.5 months, from November 20 to March 4, with an average daily high temperature below 51°F. The coldest day of the year is December 30, with an average low of 20°F and high of 43°F.
What should I pack for Colorado in December?
Winter: Fleece jacket, long-underwear, water-resistant coat, jeans and snow pants. Spring/Fall: T-shirts, rain jacket, light fleece, jeans and shorts. Summer: Light jacket, T-shirt or tank top, shorts, jeans, hiking pants, swimsuit and warm clothing for camping.
Can you drive to Colorado in December?
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) has very specific laws for driving I-70 during winter. To start, there’s the Traction Law), which states that “motorists must have either snow tires, tires with the mud/snow (M+S) designation, or a four-wheel/all-wheel drive vehicle.”
How cold is it in Colorado in December?
The minimum temperature usually falls between 13 and 21 °F (-11 to -6 °C). December is the coldest month overall for Denver and the 18th is its chilliest day. It has a daily high averaging 42.6 °F (5.9 °C) and low of 16.0 °F (-8.9 °C).
What is there to do in Colorado at Christmas?
9 Best Holiday Events in Colorado
- Denver Christkindl Market, Denver.
- Polar Express Train Ride, Durango.
- Lighting of Breckenridge & Race of The Santas, Breckenridge.
- The Santa Express at Royal Gorge Railroad, Canon City.
- Parade of Lights, Denver.
- Denver Zoo Lights, Denver.
- Christmas Musicals, Denver.
What is open on Christmas in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs Restaurants Open on Christmas Eve P.F. Chang’s China Bistro – Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Phantom Canyon Brewing Company – Open 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. (last seating at 4 p.m.) Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q – Open until 4 p.m.
Is there a town called Christmas Colorado?
It sounds lovely enough — a town named Christmas in a setting that also reminds you of Christmas — but no, Christmas, Colorado sadly does not exist, despite it being a focal point of the Hallmark original holiday movie, Welcome to Christmas, which premiered in December 2018.
What is it like in Colorado in December?
Daily high temperatures decrease by 5°F, from 49°F to 45°F, rarely falling below 27°F or exceeding 65°F. Daily low temperatures decrease by 5°F, from 27°F to 22°F, rarely falling below 6°F or exceeding 39°F.
Is Denver a good place to visit in December?
In a league of its own, the Colorado city has winter on lockdown, as it offers the textbook definition of what the perfect winter escape should offer. From its snow-packed forecasts and nearby ski slopes to cozy restaurants and holiday cheer, these are just 11 of the many reasons why Denver rocks at wintertime.
Is Denver fun in the winter?
Named one of Lonely Planet’s “World’s Top Cities for Travelers in 2020,” Denver is the place for your next family vacation any season. Yet when the Rocky Mountains provide a majestic and snow-capped backdrop to Denver, winter blankets the city with even more fun.