- 1 How long does it take to become a firefighter in Colorado?
- 2 How long is Colorado Springs Fire Academy?
- 3 How much money do firefighters make in Colorado?
- 4 What do I need to become a firefighter in Colorado?
- 5 Is firefighter a good career?
- 6 How long is Denver Fire Academy?
- 7 How many fire stations are in Colorado Springs?
- 8 What is FireTEAM test?
- 9 How much does a rookie firefighter make?
- 10 Can a felon be a firefighter in Colorado?
- 11 How much does a firefighter paramedic make in Colorado?
- 12 Do volunteer firefighters get paid in Colorado?
How long does it take to become a firefighter in Colorado?
How long does it take to become a firefighter in Colorado? Many departments require only a high school diploma or GED in addition to EMT training. EMT training can take several weeks, or longer if paired with a degree program. Denver offers an 8-week training program for firefighters.
How long is Colorado Springs Fire Academy?
The CSFD Officer Academy is a 7-week program in which the officer candidate will complete Fire Officer I and II performance evaluation sheets that are designed to meet the NFPA 1021 Standard.
How much money do firefighters make in Colorado?
The average salary for a firefighter in Colorado is around $59,090 per year.
What do I need to become a firefighter in Colorado?
Firefighter Requirements Colorado
- High School graduation or an equivalent GED certificate.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- High CPAT (Candidate Physical Abilities Test) scores.
- Colorado’s driver’s license.
- No convictions.
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certifications.
Is firefighter a good career?
Firefighting is a rewarding career that offers a very high level of job satisfaction. Being a firefighter is a great job if you enjoy helping people and serving your community, but be aware that it can be demanding, stressful, and even dangerous at times.
How long is Denver Fire Academy?
Currently, we deliver a three-month fire academy at our Training Center jointly with the other North Area Fire Departments. Typically, the North Area Fire Academy begins in August of each year and is completed just prior to Thanksgiving.
How many fire stations are in Colorado Springs?
The Colorado Springs Fire Department currently includes 22 fire stations that serve our community!
What is FireTEAM test?
FireTEAM is a video-based testing system that assesses critical skills necessary to be a firefighter and includes the often overlooked content areas of teamwork and human relations, as well as mechanical aptitude, reading ability and basic math skills.
How much does a rookie firefighter make?
A rookie salary starts around $63,216 and a top earner makes around $92,400.
Can a felon be a firefighter in Colorado?
An individual who has been convicted (or been adjudicated) for any of the following misdemeanor offenses during the past 120 months (10 years) will be disqualified.
How much does a firefighter paramedic make in Colorado?
The average Firefighter Paramedic salary in Denver, CO is $47,918 as of July 28, 2021, but the salary range typically falls between $43,111 and $53,789.
Do volunteer firefighters get paid in Colorado?
Like their career counterparts, volunteers are expected to respond at all hours of day and night, often over extended distances, and in all weather conditions. They face the same obstacles, inherent health risks and physical dangers. The difference is that they don’t get paid.