- 1 What percentage of Colorado Springs is Hispanic?
- 2 What is the racial makeup of Colorado Springs?
- 3 What is the largest ethnic group in Colorado?
- 4 How much do I need to make to live comfortably in Colorado Springs?
- 5 How many murders have there been in Colorado Springs 2020?
- 6 What are the bad areas of Colorado Springs?
- 7 Is it expensive to live in Colorado Springs?
- 8 Is Colorado Springs a good place to live?
- 9 What is the crime rate in Colorado Springs?
- 10 What is Colorado Springs known for?
- 11 How many military bases are in Colorado Springs?
- 12 What state has the largest black population?
What percentage of Colorado Springs is Hispanic?
Race & Ethnicity The largest Colorado Springs racial/ethnic groups are White (68.6%) followed by Hispanic (17.6%) and Black (6.1%).
What is the racial makeup of Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs Demographics White: 78.47% Black or African American: 6.51% Two or more races: 5.93% Other race: 5.08%
What is the largest ethnic group in Colorado?
The 5 largest ethnic groups in Colorado are White (Non-Hispanic) (67.8%), White (Hispanic) (16.4%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (3.92%), Other (Hispanic) (3.27%), and Asian (Non-Hispanic) (3.12%).
How much do I need to make to live comfortably in Colorado Springs?
A new study by GOBankingrates.com found that a Colorado Springs resident making the median income of $58,158 would need to add more than $25,000 in earnings to “live comfortably” in the city.
How many murders have there been in Colorado Springs 2020?
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado — There have been 34 homicides in the City of Colorado Springs in 2020, and a suspicious death investigation from Wednesday morning is likely to bring the total to 35. By way of comparison, the 38 homicides in 2018 tied a record high total.
What are the bad areas of Colorado Springs?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Colorado Springs, CO
- Southwest Colorado Springs. Population 9,399.
- Old Colorado City. Population 2,130.
- West Colorado Springs. Population 13,407.
- Southeast Colorado Springs. Population 50,481.
- East Colorado Springs. Population 49,900.
- Powers. Population 152,311.
- Northeast Colorado Springs.
Is it expensive to live in Colorado Springs?
Cost of Living in Colorado Springs, Colorado by Expense Category. Colorado Springs’s housing expenses are 2% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 26% lower than the national average. Healthcare in Colorado Springs is 2% higher than the national average.
Is Colorado Springs a good place to live?
The city also frequently ranks on lists of cities with the cleanest air, and residents of Colorado Springs can attest to that. Colorado Springs is a well-rounded, happy, and healthy city. With mild weather, affordable housing, and a great quality of life, what’s not to love?
What is the crime rate in Colorado Springs?
With a crime rate of 43 per one thousand residents, Colorado Springs has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23.
What is Colorado Springs known for?
With the city located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, and its many trails and parks, Colorado Springs is a popular destination for tourists seeking scenery, rock formations and other unique geological features, like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods Park, The Broadmoor Seven Falls, and Cave Of The Winds Mountain Park.
How many military bases are in Colorado Springs?
The Colorado Springs military community is strong and diverse. The five military institutions include United States Air Force Academy, Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Stations Fort Carson Army Post, Peterson Air Force Base and Schriever Air Force Base.
What state has the largest black population?
Texas has the largest Black state population With more than 3.9 million Black people in 2019, Texas is home to the largest Black population in the U.S. Florida has the second largest population at 3.8 million, and Georgia is home to 3.6 million Black people.