- 1 Is it an easy drive from Denver to Colorado Springs?
- 2 How far apart are Denver and Colorado Springs?
- 3 Is Denver bigger than Colorado Springs?
- 4 Is it cheaper to live in Denver or Colorado Springs?
- 5 Which is better Boulder or Colorado Springs?
- 6 What is there to do between Denver and Colorado Springs?
- 7 What is the best time of year to visit Colorado?
- 8 What is the closest town to Pikes Peak?
- 9 Does it snow more in Denver or Colorado Springs?
- 10 What is the racial makeup of Colorado Springs?
- 11 What salary do you need to live comfortably in Denver?
- 12 How much money do you need to live in Colorado Springs?
Is it an easy drive from Denver to Colorado Springs?
It is easy to get between Denver and Colorado Springs, the state’s second largest city, which sits in the shadow of Pikes Peak just a little over an hour’s drive south via I-25. This interstate highway is Colorado’s main north-south artery, running the length of the entire state.
How far apart are Denver and Colorado Springs?
Flying between Colorado Springs and Denver is a bit more costly than you would think for two cities being less than 100 miles apart. It’s around 70 miles to either fly or drive.
Is Denver bigger than Colorado Springs?
“Denver’s a great city, but Denver is a big city. The Colorado Springs metro area also has fewer people than Denver’s metro, with a population of a little over 700,000; while metro Denver is home to nearly 3 million people.
Is it cheaper to live in Denver or Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs has a higher cost of living than the United States average, but it’s still more affordable compared to other parts of Colorado! In fact, Colorado Springs is very affordable compared to Denver, Colorado, which has a cost of living of nearly 1.5x the average American city!
Which is better Boulder or Colorado Springs?
If you are into the outdoors, food and drink Boulder is the better pick. The University adds a young hip vibe. Colorado Springs is more family orientated, suburban with a conservative influence due to the military and Focus on the Family.
What is there to do between Denver and Colorado Springs?
Best stops along Denver to Colorado Springs drive
- The Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave. MuseumSights & Landmarks.
- Lookout Mountain. Mountain peakNature & Parks.
- Coors Field. On 3 lists.
- 16th Street Mall.
- Denver Zoo.
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
- Denver Art Museum.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Helen Fowler Library.
What is the best time of year to visit Colorado?
If you’re after air that is warm by day, but crisp and cool by night, your best weather months in Colorado are mid-June through September, though know that early June and even late-September can still be potentially dicey in some higher elevations.
What is the closest town to Pikes Peak?
Pikes Peak Hotels – Cascade, Colorado Pikes Peak is located in the town of Cascade, just northwest of Colorado Springs. The closest town with hotels is Manitou Springs, which is about 5 miles southeast of Cascade.
Does it snow more in Denver or Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs averages 57.3 inches of snow per year. Denver averages 60.2 inches of snow per year.
What is the racial makeup of Colorado Springs?
Race & Ethnicity The largest Colorado Springs racial/ethnic groups are White (68.6%) followed by Hispanic (17.6%) and Black (6.1%).
What salary do you need to live comfortably in Denver?
You need to earn about $62,928 per year, or $30.25 per hour to comfortably rent a median one-bedroom apartment in Denver. This factors in the idea you will still want some money to splurge and save and not spend it all on rent. You should also consider the living wage when calculating the cost of living in Denver.
How much money do you need to live in Colorado Springs?
How much does it cost to live in Colorado Springs? Expect to spend approximately $1,135 per month for a one-bedroom apartment and about $1,371 for a two-bedroom apartment. These prices are almost even with the national average rental prices. Be prepared for average rents in Colorado Springs to increase over time.