- 1 What is Lakewood Colorado known for?
- 2 Is Lakewood Colorado a good place?
- 3 What is there to do in Lakewood Colorado today?
- 4 Is Lakewood Colorado a safe place to live?
- 5 Is Lakewood Colorado dangerous?
- 6 Is Lakewood Colorado expensive?
- 7 Does Lakewood CO have a downtown?
- 8 Is Lakewood Denver a good area?
- 9 Is Lakewood CO considered Denver?
- 10 Does it snow in Lakewood Colorado?
What is Lakewood Colorado known for?
The fifth-largest city in the Denver metro area, this suburb to the west of the city has one of the best views of the Rocky Mountain foothills and is easily reached by light rail service from Union Station.
Is Lakewood Colorado a good place?
Lakewood combines the best of all worlds: affordable housing, great schools, and peaceful and friendly neighborhoods with virtually instant access to plenty of trails and open space. Plus you get equal access to fun Colorado experiences and the great outdoors!
What is there to do in Lakewood Colorado today?
15 Best Things to Do in Lakewood (CO)
- Bear Creek Lake Park. Source: flickr Bear Creek Lake Park.
- Everitt Farms. Source: nationswell Everitt Farms.
- Lakewood Heritage Center.
- Belmar Downtown District.
- William Frederick Hayden Park.
- Colorado Mills.
- Crown Hill Park.
- Caution: Brewing Company.
Is Lakewood Colorado a safe place to live?
Lakewood is in the 50th percentile for safety, meaning 50% of cities are safer and 50% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Lakewood is 26.63 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Lakewood generally consider the central part of the city to be the safest.
Is Lakewood Colorado dangerous?
With a crime rate of 54 per one thousand residents, Lakewood has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 19.
Is Lakewood Colorado expensive?
The cost of living index for housing estimates the cost of housing in Lakewood to be 140% of the national average. This makes it one of the more expensive cities in the US.
Does Lakewood CO have a downtown?
Lakewood is a suburb that lies just west of Denver, spanning to the base of the Rocky Mountains. It’s a mostly commercial strip, with its “downtown” section in a modern shopping district known as Belmar.
Is Lakewood Denver a good area?
This Denver suburb ranks high on Livability’s “100 Best Places to Live” list due to its educational opportunities and a thriving job market. Lakewood’s public school system is highly rated, and there are opportunities for further education at the local Red Rocks Community College.
Is Lakewood CO considered Denver?
Lakewood, Colorado is the 5th largest suburb in the city of Denver and is located just west of downtown in Jefferson County.
Does it snow in Lakewood Colorado?
Lakewood averages 65 inches of snow per year.