- 1 Is Glenwood Springs CO worth visiting?
- 2 What is there to do between Denver and Glenwood Springs?
- 3 How many days do you need in Glenwood Springs?
- 4 Is Glenwood Springs close to Vail?
- 5 Is Glenwood Springs safe?
- 6 What is there to do in Glenwood Springs for free?
- 7 How is the drive from Denver to Steamboat Springs?
- 8 How far apart are Denver and Colorado Springs?
- 9 How do you get around Glenwood Springs?
- 10 Are there hot springs in Vail Colorado?
- 11 How far is Vail from Denver Colorado?
- 12 Where do you fly into for Glenwood Springs CO?
Is Glenwood Springs CO worth visiting?
If you want a Colorado vacation that has it all—geothermal hot springs, a family-friendly atmosphere, one-of-a-kind attractions, ample dining, and affordable lodging choices—Glenwood Springs is the destination for you. Come discover all the best of Colorado in the Roaring Fork Valley!
What is there to do between Denver and Glenwood Springs?
Denver to Glenwood (Hot) Springs, Colorado
- 168 miles – 3-4 hours.
- Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, Genesee Park, Golden (mile 19/I-70 exit 252)
- Idaho (Hot) Springs (mile 38, I-70 exit 241A)
- Georgetown (mile 50, I-70 exit 228)
- Minturn (mile 111, I-70 exit 171)
- Hanging Lake Trail (mile 161, exit 109)
How many days do you need in Glenwood Springs?
As the central attraction of the mountain community, soaking in the naturally-heated mineral water is an essential Glenwood Springs activity, but with the luxury of three days in town, you’ll have ample time to explore a whole host of things-to-do in Glenwood Springs.
Is Glenwood Springs close to Vail?
Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
Is Glenwood Springs safe?
Glenwood Springs is a safe place to visit. Having said this, there are certain precautions that should be taken in order to ensure a smooth trip through the mountains of Colorado. Like always, common sense is the most important tool used for staying safe. Avoid traveling alone at night.
What is there to do in Glenwood Springs for free?
6 Free Things to Do in Glenwood Springs Colorado
- Linwood Cemetery. Climbing in Glenwood Canyon. Music in the Park. Off-Roading. River Fun.
- Climbing in Glenwood Canyon. Music in the Park. Off-Roading. River Fun.
- Music in the Park. Off-Roading. River Fun.
- Off-Roading. River Fun.
- River Fun.
How is the drive from Denver to Steamboat Springs?
157 miles/250 km northwest of Denver, an easy 3 hour drive. Take I-70 west through the Eisenhower Tunnel to Silverthorne, Exit 205 (67 miles/107 km). Take CO 9 North to Kremmling (37 miles/59 km), then West on US 40 to Steamboat Springs (53 miles/85 km).
How far apart are Denver and Colorado Springs?
Flying between Colorado Springs and Denver is a bit more costly than you would think for two cities being less than 100 miles apart. It’s around 70 miles to either fly or drive.
How do you get around Glenwood Springs?
Glenwood Springs is a small mountain town, and with this there are limited ways for getting around. The three main options for transportation are buses, taxis, and rental cars. There are also a few shuttles offering service between Glenwood, neighboring mountain towns, and the front range of Denver.
Are there hot springs in Vail Colorado?
The Vail Valley has nothing. The closest hot springs to Vail, CO are: Radium Warm Springs – Radium (primitive-hike-to) (47mi) Glenwood Hot Springs Pool – Glenwood Springs (61mi)
How far is Vail from Denver Colorado?
Vail is located in the stunning central Rocky Mountains just 30 miles east of Eagle, Colorado, and just 100 miles west of Denver, Colorado.
Where do you fly into for Glenwood Springs CO?
Glenwood Springs is served by four airports. Eagle/Vail is 30 miles east, Aspen is 40 miles south, Grand Junction is 90 miles west, and Denver International Airport is 180 miles east of Glenwood Springs.