- 1 How do I get a marriage certificate in Colorado Springs?
- 2 How much does it cost to get married at the courthouse in Colorado Springs?
- 3 How do you get a marriage license in Colorado?
- 4 Where can I get married in Colorado Springs?
- 5 When should I apply for a marriage license?
- 6 How do I become officially married?
- 7 Can you get married the same day you get your license in Colorado?
- 8 Can anyone marry you in Colorado?
- 9 Can you marry yourself in Colorado?
- 10 What documents do you need to get married in Colorado?
- 11 Can you get married in Colorado without an officiant?
- 12 How do you get your name changed after you get married?
- 13 How much is a marriage license in Colorado?
- 14 Can I still get a marriage license in Texas?
- 15 Can you get married on top of a mountain?
How do I get a marriage certificate in Colorado Springs?
A couple in Colorado Springs may apply for a marriage license at the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s office. The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s office can be found at 1675 West Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado. The phone number for the office is (719) 520-6202.
How much does it cost to get married at the courthouse in Colorado Springs?
If you’re getting married in Colorado, you must first apply for a marriage license. It’ll cost you $30.00, and you’ll have to use it within 35 days.
How do you get a marriage license in Colorado?
- Complete the online marriage or civil union application. Complete your online marriage license or civil union appointment on the county website prior to your appointment.
- Schedule an in-person appointment or come into the office.
- Come in for your in-person appointment.
- Sign the license and return it for recording.
Where can I get married in Colorado Springs?
Other wedding locations in Colorado Springs include:
- Garden of the Gods Resort & Spa.
- The Lodge at Flying Horse.
- The Broadmoor.
- The Cliff House at Pikes Peak.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort.
- The Mining Exchange.
- The Antlers.
- Colorado Springs Marriott.
When should I apply for a marriage license?
You should plan to file at least one week before your wedding to make sure everything works out.” In Texas, for example, you must wait at least 72 hours before getting married after you apply for a marriage license to actually get married, meaning that if you put this off until two to three days before the wedding, the
How do I become officially married?
Typically, couples obtain a marriage license, hold the wedding ceremony, and then have the officiant files the certificate in the appropriate county office within days. The married couple will then receive a certified copy of the marriage certificate.
Can you get married the same day you get your license in Colorado?
Colorado’s marriage license doesn’t have a waiting period. That just means that the day you get it, is the day you can use it. Keep in mind, once you get the license, it must be signed within 35 days and filed within 63 days.
Can anyone marry you in Colorado?
First things first: It is perfectly legal and acceptable to have a friend or family member perform your wedding ceremony in Colorado (and most other states for that matter!). This is a great way to add a personal touch to your ceremony––and cut some of your expenses while you’re at it.
Can you marry yourself in Colorado?
Yes. Colorado is THEE raddest place to get married, and the easiest. Couples can officiate their own wedding through something called Self Solemnization. Self-Solemnization means you can marry yourself without an officiant or witnesses.
What documents do you need to get married in Colorado?
Marriage ID Requirement Colorado: ✔ Get Copy Of Birth Certificate
- Birth Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s License (or temporary issued with voided previous license)
- Passport (both expired and valid)
- Valid state identification card (or temporary issued with voided previous ID)
- Military identification.
Can you get married in Colorado without an officiant?
Though parties typically have a judge or minister perform the ceremony, Colorado allows the marriage to be solemnized by a judge, magistrate, minister, or even one of the parties to the marriage. In other words, the couple may marry themselves without the need for a ceremony, officiant, or witnesses.
How do you get your name changed after you get married?
Visit your local branch with your marriage cert and a valid form of photo ID. The name on your account can be changed right away and a new card can be ordered for you once your details have been updated.
How much is a marriage license in Colorado?
The marriage license fee is $30, payable by cash, check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
Can I still get a marriage license in Texas?
A formal marriage license can be obtained from any county in Texas and the marriage can be performed anywhere. There is a 72-hour waiting period after the license is issued before the marriage ceremony can take place. The 72-hour waiting period can be waived by meeting one of three criteria.
Can you get married on top of a mountain?
You can absolutely get married on a mountain. You simply need to find the right mountain and plan out your route to the summit. We’re here to help and love assisting couples as they plan their mountain weddings. If you’re committed, it’s time to get planning.