- 1 Where is Pagosa Springs in relation to Denver?
- 2 What towns are close to Pagosa Springs?
- 3 How do I get to Pagosa Springs?
- 4 Where do you fly into for Pagosa Springs?
- 5 Is Pagosa Springs worth visiting?
- 6 Why does Pagosa Springs smell bad?
- 7 How do I get from Denver to Pagosa Springs?
- 8 What is the elevation of Pagosa Springs Colorado?
- 9 Is there a train from Denver to Pagosa Springs?
- 10 Is there a pass between Pagosa Springs and Durango?
- 11 How do I get from Denver to Steamboat Springs?
- 12 What is the closest major airport to Pagosa Springs Colorado?
- 13 How far is it from Pagosa Springs to Wolf Creek?
- 14 Is Pagosa Springs a good place to live?
Where is Pagosa Springs in relation to Denver?
For those who love the drive: Pagosa Springs is located just 4 hours north of Albuquerque, NM, 5 hours south of Denver, CO, 6 hours from Salt Lake City, UT, and an easy 8 hours from Phoenix, AZ.
What towns are close to Pagosa Springs?
Cities near Pagosa Springs, Colorado:
- Durango, CO.
- Aztec, NM.
- Alamosa, CO.
- Bloomfield, NM.
- Farmington, NM.
- Cortez, CO.
- Montrose, CO.
- Taos, NM.
How do I get to Pagosa Springs?
Getting To Pagosa Springs
- By Air: Steven’s Field, our county airport, serves private aircraft, including jets, while commercial airlines connect through the La Plata County Airport in Durango, CO.
- By Car: From Durango, CO: Take Hwy 160 East about 60 miles into downtown Pagosa Springs.
- From Santa Fe, NM:
Where do you fly into for Pagosa Springs?
The nearest airport to Pagosa Springs is Durango (DRO) Airport which is 41.7 miles away. Other nearby airports include Montrose (MTJ) (98.8 miles).
Is Pagosa Springs worth visiting?
Located in the Sunbelt of southern Colorado, the town of Pagosa Springs is easily one of the most charming towns we’ve visited. Outdoor lovers will find hiking, skiing and ancient cultural ruins. Those who prefer to relax can enjoy soaking in the namesake hot springs, shopping and dining.
Why does Pagosa Springs smell bad?
The odor results from naturally high sulfur in the area, in waste, and the long detention times in the wet well and the force main… One of the first things we noticed — driving into downtown Pagosa Springs from Santa Fe, NM for a weekend vacation in 1987 — was the charming odor of rotten eggs.
How do I get from Denver to Pagosa Springs?
The quickest way to get from Denver to Pagosa Springs is to take a plane, tickets to which cost on average 414 USD and travel time is 5 hours.
What is the elevation of Pagosa Springs Colorado?
The town of Pagosa Springs sits at 7126 feet above sea level ( 2172 meters) in the San Juan Mountains.
Is there a train from Denver to Pagosa Springs?
There is no direct connection from Denver Union Station to Pagosa Springs. However, you can take the walk to Denver, take the bus to Santa Fe, take the taxi to South Capitol Station – Shelter 1, take the bus to Espanola Transit Center, take the bus to Pine Avenue & 4th Street, then take the taxi to Pagosa Springs.
Is there a pass between Pagosa Springs and Durango?
The drive from Durango to Pagosa isn’t your concern, it is the drive up Wolf Creek Pass each day to go to the ski resort.
How do I get from Denver to Steamboat Springs?
Steamboat is 156 miles from Denver. Take I-70 west from Denver and use Exit 205 to merge onto Colorado Highway 9 North/Blue River Parkway toward Silverthorne. Follow Highway 9 for about 37 miles before turning onto U.S. 40 West. Continue on U.S. 40 west for another 51 miles and you have arrived.
What is the closest major airport to Pagosa Springs Colorado?
What airports are near Pagosa Springs? The closest airport is Durango La Plata County (DRO) (41.74 mi). Other nearby airports are Alamosa (ALS) (63.74 mi) or Gunnison (GUC) (87.4 mi). KAYAK recommends you fly to Durango La Plata County.
How far is it from Pagosa Springs to Wolf Creek?
Pagosa Springs is located 23 miles from Wolf Creek Ski Resort, where over 465 inches of snow falls on average each season.
Is Pagosa Springs a good place to live?
We live in Pagosa Springs half of the year. We love the breathtaking scenery, outdoor activities, friendly people, weather and small town atmosphere. Although there are not a lot of restaurants, there are some really good ones that we enjoy. There are two grocery stores, a Walmart, and charming local shops.