- 1 Is it expensive to live in Colorado Springs?
- 2 Is it dangerous to live in Colorado Springs?
- 3 What are the benefits of living in Colorado Springs?
- 4 Where should I not live in Colorado Springs?
- 5 Why is rent so cheap in Colorado Springs?
- 6 What salary do you need to live comfortably in Colorado Springs?
- 7 Is Colorado Springs a bad area?
- 8 Does Colorado Springs have a high crime rate?
- 9 What you should know before moving to Colorado Springs?
- 10 Which is better to live in Denver or Colorado Springs?
- 11 What is the racial makeup of Colorado Springs?
- 12 What is the coldest month in Colorado Springs?
- 13 How many murders have there been in Colorado Springs 2020?
- 14 How much snow does Colorado Springs get a year?
Is it expensive to live in Colorado Springs?
Cost of Living in Colorado Springs, Colorado by Expense Category. Colorado Springs’s housing expenses are 2% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 26% lower than the national average. Healthcare in Colorado Springs is 2% higher than the national average.
Is it dangerous to live in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs residents have a 1 in 187 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime. With a population of around 460,000, the city has a higher-than-average crime rate compared to the rest of the country.
What are the benefits of living in Colorado Springs?
Living in Colorado Springs Pros and Cons
- Pro: You’ll Have Plenty of Areas to Work Out and Get Fit. Fitness is a culture in Colorado Springs.
- Pro: Affordable Living.
- Pro: The City is Growing, But Doesn’t Feel Like a Big City.
- Pro: The Economy of Colorado Springs is Healthy.
- Con: The City is Having Growing Pains.
Where should I not live in Colorado Springs?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Colorado Springs, CO
- Southwest Colorado Springs. Population 9,399.
- Old Colorado City. Population 2,130.
- West Colorado Springs. Population 13,407.
- Southeast Colorado Springs. Population 50,481.
- East Colorado Springs. Population 49,900.
- Powers. Population 152,311.
- Northeast Colorado Springs.
Why is rent so cheap in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs is affordable in comparison because it is far a vast majority of the new construction is single-family homes as opposed to Denver, the economy is very weak in comparison to Denver and the income levels of the city would support Denver housing prices.
What salary do you need to live comfortably in Colorado Springs?
A new study by GOBankingrates.com found that a Colorado Springs resident making the median income of $58,158 would need to add more than $25,000 in earnings to “live comfortably” in the city.
Is Colorado Springs a bad area?
Colorado Springs This city, the 39th most populated city in the US, has 478,221 people living in it. In 2017, the total violent crime went up by 17.4% to 3,117 in 2018. Aggravated assault took up 1,633 of that figure and sexual assault 916, a 37.7% increase from 2017.
Does Colorado Springs have a high crime rate?
With a crime rate of 43 per one thousand residents, Colorado Springs has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. Within Colorado, more than 91% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Colorado Springs.
What you should know before moving to Colorado Springs?
15 Things to Know Before Moving to Colorado Springs
- The Air Is Thinner.
- Garden of the Gods Is as Nice as it Sounds.
- You Can Dress Like You Just Finished a Hike.
- Pikes Peak Casts a Big Shadow.
- You Might See Olympians.
- You’ll Need a Jacket.
- Please Smoke Responsibly.
- You May Want to Work on Your Fitness.
Which is better to live in Denver or Colorado Springs?
U.S. News and World Report ranked Colorado Springs as the second-best place to live in 2018, and the most desirable city in the country. Meanwhile, Denver was ranked as the third-best place to live and barely squeaked into the top ten for desirability.
What is the racial makeup of Colorado Springs?
Race & Ethnicity The largest Colorado Springs racial/ethnic groups are White (68.6%) followed by Hispanic (17.6%) and Black (6.1%).
What is the coldest month in Colorado Springs?
The cold season lasts for 3.5 months, from November 20 to March 4, with an average daily high temperature below 51°F. The coldest day of the year is December 30, with an average low of 20°F and high of 43°F.
How many murders have there been in Colorado Springs 2020?
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado — There have been 34 homicides in the City of Colorado Springs in 2020, and a suspicious death investigation from Wednesday morning is likely to bring the total to 35. By way of comparison, the 38 homicides in 2018 tied a record high total.
How much snow does Colorado Springs get a year?
Colorado Springs averages 57 inches of snow per year.