Windmill Ranch Estates is a small development just north of Poncha Springs. Most of the lots are 2 acres, and all feature unbelievable views of Mt. Shavano, the Sangre de Cristos and the rest of the Arkansas River Valley. Lots start at $99,000 and constructed homes at $400,000.
Windmill Ranch Estates gets its first real Windmill! Energy-conscious residents Sharon King and Michael Brown installed a 40 ft. wind turbine in their backyard for clean electric power. It will produce 5,000 kilowatts per year, will reduce their energy bills, and will also lower the demand on the local public utility. Read the story at The Mountain Mail.
- This development is an easy 10 minute drive to downtown Salida.
- Quick access to Highway 50 make this a great location for a Monarch Ski Vacation home.
- Windmill Ranch Estates are located just off Highway 285, west on County Rd. 140.
- Windmill’s side roads make for low traffic and quiet homesites.
- Each lot comes with a UAWCD water augmentation certificate.
- Windmill Ranch Estates is a covenant-protected community, with a Home Owners Association.
- Vacant lots, ready to build, start at $65,000 for 2 acre parcels.
- Several completed homes are currently for sale, starting at $400,000.
- The subdivision has 24 lots on a total of 140 acres, with 80 acres of public open space.
- Very flat and open building sites make for economical home construction.
- Well and septic permits are required before construction can begin.
- Windmill Ranch Estates is a Rural Open Space Incentive (ROSI) development.
- Horse friendly property, with larger lots offering irrigation water.
- The first homes were constructed in this development in 2005.