Weldon Creek, the premier subdivision in central Colorado, is the Salida-area’s only gated community. It is located about 12 miles west of Salida, just north of Hwy 50 before Maysville. It has very large, secluded lots, in rolling hills with great views. Lots are priced $105,000 up to $295,000.
The main entrance is east of Maysville just off Highway 50, which means super easy access to Monarch pass and the Monarch ski area. The second entrance is on Chaffee county Road 140 for a quiet and lovely alternate backroad route to town.
- Weldon Creek is a 1,300 acre ROSI (Rural Open Space Initiative) property.
- It maintains 1,000 acres of open space in a conservation easement.
- There are 63 Lots currently available in the subdivision.
- Every lot comes with a well permit.
- Every lot is unique and you can select your perfect parcel from top-of-the-hill locations with super views, secluded spots nestled in the trees, or something in between.
- Lots sizes vary from 10 acres to 50 acres.
- This gated community is a secure and private location for your new home.
- Monarch Ski Area is a quick 15 minute drive away, which means Weldon Creek is a great place for a ski vacation home.
- All subdivision roads are paved for easy all-weather access.
- Every year Weldon Creek hosts the thrilling road race stage of the local Omnium weekend bicycle competition, which attracts top level bike racers from all over.
- Residents can quickly reach the Colorado Trail, and 14ers Mt. Shavano and Mt. Tabeguache for great hiking and climbing.
- The Weldon Creek development has a trail system and a greenbelt running throughout.
- It is surrounded by BLM and National Forest land for easy access to recreation.