Starbuck Dairy subdivision is located directly off Highway 50 on the west side of Salida. It is within walking distance of some restaurants and shopping and is only a short drive from historic downtown Salida. This is a newer subdivision with many commercial, residential single and duplex lots still available. Home packages start at $239,000.
Yes, there really was a Starbuck Dairy and some of the family still lives in the Salida area. Some of the long time locals can recall visiting the dairy when it was located on this spot years ago. One of the former dairy buildings is still in place at the entrance to the area.
- Completed homes feature hardwood floors, fireplace, granite countertops and complete landscaping.
- This is a great in-Salida location, with good views of Mt. Shavano and the Sangre de Cristo peaks.
- All lots have city water, sewer, natural gas, and phone available.
- Homes in the Starbuck development are built in the Craftsman style.
- Current home designs are all approximately 1,400 sq. ft . with 3 bedrooms, 1.75 bathrooms.
- The wide paved roads in this subdivision don’t have any through traffic and are family-friendly.
- Easy year-round access by car or bicycle.
- The Starbuck development was created in 2008, so all the homes are new, clean and neat.
- Many lots are still available for purchase, average lot size is 0.2 acres.