South Main is a wonderful new neighborhood constructed in the old people-friendly style and located between Buena Vista and the Arkansas River on a flat, 41 acre parcel. Mixed-use lots start at $110,000, completed homes at $310,000, and row houses at $244,000.
South Main represents an impressive concept applied with artistry to a real-life situation. The lovely, modern buildings are built in the Craftsman or Victorian styles common in the historic buildings of the area, but with all the modern energy-efficient features. The community is designed to be environmentally and socially sustainable. All of the buildings and the community layout are new and planned as part of a whole. Many of the structures combine ground floor commercial space with upper floor residential space. The neighborhood is walker-friendly and incorporates several lovely parks and green spaces, as well as a river boating park.
- All buildings in South Main are required to exceed “Built-Green Colorado” specifications.
- The South Main Style is exemplified by our local Victorian architectural heritage.
- Many buildings combine first floor commercial with second floor residential space.
- The community has a central commercial district near the river and river park, surrounded by the residential and recreation sections.
- South Main is right on the Arkansas River, one of the longest whitewater parks in the world.
- The central park features climbing and bouldering rocks!
- Mixed use lots start at $110,00.
- Completed homes for sale start at $310,000.
- River Park Rowhouses start at $244,000.
- Not sure if South Main is for you? Check out the scene with a few nights in a vacation rental.