Salida has a pretty high profile in some circles. It shows up in various news outlets fairly regularly, here are some of the more interesting mentions.
- Salida, A place to begin – get moving! – by Jynene Hartman on November 5, 2009 from the Salida Citizen.
- Like Real Life – But Better: Salida, Colorado – 10 Undiscovered Towns Worth the Trip – November 2008 from Diversions Magazine.
- The Outdoors Life, With No Attitude – by Rachel Odell Walker on December 4, 2008 – from the New York Times.
- The Best Small Towns – Our 10 favorite adventure burgs in the August 2009 issue of Outside Magazine.
- Snow Trax; Cat Scratch Fever at Monarch on February 2009 – by Daniel Gibson for Entrepreneur Magazine.
- And of course the endlessly repeated – 2004, Outside Magazine article that named Salida the “sweetly unpretentious town” as one of the 20 “Dream Towns + Adventure Hideouts (& Sweet Land Deals).