Chateau Chaparral is a small, self contained community in Nathrop. There are approximately 300 lots in the development, most with a travel trailer or mobile home. Prices start around $25,000 for basic travel trailer homes, plus $450 yearly fee for amenities.
Chateau Chaparral is well maintained, clean and neat – the owners clearly take pride in their properties and neighborhood. We applaud this community as one of the few that demonstrates that a modest lifestyle can be a very good one, indeed. It is located right on the Arkansas River with private footbridge access to hilly BLM land and riverfront for recreation. This is an excellent inexpensive way to make your home near Salida.
- Home Owner Association, $450 per year dues for water, sewer and trash collection.
- Lots sizes are cozy and easy to maintain, about .05 acre.
- You own your own lot at Chateau Chaparral, and many people live there year ’round.
- Spacious clubhouse and picnic area for resident use.
- Convenient access to both Salida and Buena Vista.
- Located just off County Road 197A in Nathrop, Colorado, on all weather roads.
- Many residents have constructed neat additions or out-buildings.
- Individuality is not crushed by covenants as in some developments.
- All lots are within easy walking distance of the Arkansas River.
- Private footbridge gives access to very interesting and remote BLM land and hiking trails.
- Chateau Chaparral is an affordable way to have a modest retirement home, a vacation home or a weekend getaway.